Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard

I know I am the last person to read this book, but after the many recommendations, I have read it. I wish I had liked it more, because I know for many people it is one of those guilty pleasures, but I think I thought about it too much.

Aria, Emily, Spencer, and Hanna are haunted by their friendship with Ali. Ali was their queen bee and kept their friendship together and when she disappears the friends drift apart. 3 years later the girls are living not so great lives. Parents and siblings put too much or too little pressure on them and they are living wild as rich girls do. Their antics are being scrutinized and when they all start receiving disturbing texts from A, they wonder if Ali is alive and out to get them all. Who is A, what is the Jenna Incident, and what really happened to Ali? To survive the girls may have to join forces.

The mystery part of the books is awesome and I sort of want to finish reading the series just for that. However I can't stand any of the characters. I want to feel sorry for them and scream at them all at once. I think that is the point and maybe things get better in the next books, but I am going to wait on them if I ever decide to read them. I am tempted to read the author's other series, because I do like her suspense.

Favorite Character: None. Emily got on my nerves the least, but still.

Favorite Quote: "Life's so much fun when you know everything."

I wish I liked this more and maybe if I read the other books the girls will get better. 2.5 cups of cocoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment