Friday, July 19, 2013

Opal by Jennifer Armentrout

This review will have spoilers for the first two books in the series, Obsidian and Onyx. Opal is the third book in the Lux series.
Opal (Lux, #3)
Entangled Teen
Katy and Daemon are trying to recover from everything Will and Blake put them through and trying to make sense of their relationship. With the recovery of Dawson, but the loss of Adam, the Luxen are trying to deal with grief and elation. Katy keeps on waiting for a trap to spring, because she knows the DOD have to be looking for Dawson. Dee cannot forgive Katy for her betrayal, Carissa is sick, and Lesa is a little too boy crazy to help Katy through her crisis. Dawson can't help but want to save Bethany his love from the DOD and Daemon is doing everything in his power to keep his brother safe. Katy and Daemon are falling more and more in love, but then Blake reappears with a threat and a promise. He will turn over Katy to the DOD if the Luxen do not help him free his Lux buddy Chris, but he promises with Chris' release will come Beth's. The two are trapped in a facility and Blake and his friends might have a way to free the two. Through trust and betrayal, the group may prove to do the impossible, but at what cost?

This third book is filled with action and suspense and what a cliffhanger! I won't give too much away, but I really wonder what will take place in the fourth book. The growing romance between Katy and Daemon seems real and you can almost forgive Daemon for being such a jerk. We are given more insight into Daemon's character and true feelings in the book and I want to read Shadows to see if I like his character more based on that novella. Katy also seems to mature in this book, but still retains her jealous of Ash and other females.

Favorite Character: Dee. I still like Dee's character and was glad to see a little more of her in this book, even if she was grieving. She is strong and want to be forgiving, but she has lost the love of her life and dealing with Katy's betrayal.

Favorite Quote:"You burn bright, to me at least, and I know you could handle it, but the last thing I want is your light to be tainted by something so dark."
"But he lowered his head and kissed me, and I learned that sometimes when someone says something so devastatingly perfect, there isn't a need for a response."
The first one is my favorite of the two, but I thought they were both great lines.

I love the suspense in this one and the many twists and surprises. The characters are really maturing and growing on me. 4.5 cups of cocoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment