Wednesday, July 3, 2013

"Look at Me, I'm Sandra Dee" participation post



Hmm, this is a tough question. I have several strong female characters that I have liked. I think I will choose Izzy Brannick from School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins. Izzy has the red hair characteristic of the Brannicks and is good looking even though she does not realize it. She is comfortable in black t-shirts and jeans. She is brave and loves her family, even through all the difficulties. She has a snarky sense of humor, but is good hearted. She also hunts supernaturals for a living and is mainly homeschooled, except for a short stint in high school, involving a ghost. She also loves the scent of freshly baked cookies. I think Bonnie Wright who played Ginny in the Harry Potter films would be a good fit. She has the look and the attitude.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read School Spirits yet because I still need to read the last book in the Hex Hall series. But Izzy sounds fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my favorites this year.

      Delete
  2. I really want to read School Spirits. I loved that you chose Ginny to play Izzy. From what I remember in the Hex Hall books -- that's a really good fit.

    <a href="http://bookheartbeats.blogspot.com>Jenn @ Book Beats</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you liked the Hex Hall series, you will like School Spirits.

      Delete
  3. This isn't a series I've read, but I love characters who are comfortable in their own skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! and here's mine: http://suchanovelidea.com/2013/07/03/summer-lovin-read-a-thon-day-3/

    ReplyDelete