Sunday, July 14, 2013

Hot Summer Reads Read-a-thon Goals


This read-a-thon is hosted Patrick @ The Bookshelves and Jen @ YA Romantics. It runs from July 14-20 and is a no pressure read-a-thon. They also plan on having a few challenges, but the main focus will be reading. I am trying for a page count rather than a book count, since I keep jumping back and forth between books. I am going to try for 500 pages and since I will be on a staycation part of the week, I have a good chance of meeting that goal.

Mini-challenge by Jen @ YA Romantics
Why am I reading these books? Jen wants us to pick one of the books and tell why we are reading that book. I will pick the Astronaut Wives Club by Lily Koppel. I loved the cover on this book and I also wanted to know more about the great women behind the first astronauts. I sort of equate summer with space shuttles. When I was little our favorite place to go on vacation was Florida and although we never went directly to watch any space shuttles launch, we did see a few heading to space while there. This is seemed like a fun book and I need to brush up more on my Women's history.
The Astronaut Wives Club: A True Story
Grand Central Publishing



Books on the list:
I would like to finish Opal by Jennifer Armentrout and The Astronaut Wives Club by Lily Koppel.

Novella:
The Prince by Kiera Cass

Other possible books:
Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama
Weather Witch by Shannon Delany
The Elite by Kiera Cass
Dragonflight by Anne McCaffrey (reread)
The Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross
My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
Earthbound by Aprilynne Pike

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE The Soul Screamers series! Amazing! TOD <3 Also loved Opal! Have had Monstrous Beauty for a long time and have heard good things. Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by!

    Some Like It Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about Astronaut's Wives Club -- hope you enjoy it!

    And just have to say -- that cat on your header always makes me smile…

    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and thanks for hosting! She (the cat) keeps me company while I read.

      Delete
  3. Oh my god, I love your header. The Prince by Kiera Cass was really such a quick read. Also, your library looks awesome.
    It's never too late to see the space shuttle! :) I wish you luck on your reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope to finish the rest of The Astronaut Wives Club today.

      Delete