Friday, July 26, 2013

High Summer Read-a-thon Mid-week Check In



I had a really good reading day on Monday and actually finished My Soul to Take! I liked it and hope to review it very soon. Tuesday I read more from Earthbound, which I am really enjoying. I am not for sure what Tavia is yet, but I am very intrigued. I loved Aprilynne Pike's Wings series and liked Life After Theft, but I think Earthbound is going to be my favorite of hers. Wednesday I read just a little more of Earthbound, I visited with my grandparents after work, and really did not read much after I came home. I also participated in School Library Journal's SummerTeen online conference and had so much fun! I think I was able to get like 20 egalleys, because you know I really really needed them! We got to chat with Jennifer Lynn Barnes about her new book and listening to panels presented by authors. I also listened to Tamora Pierce's Keynote speech, which was amazing! I just started her books last year and I am almost done with the Circle series. I love her writing and world building and am so excited that she is writing Battle Magic, which is part of the Circle books. It is sort of a flashback book. Thursday I forgot to take a book with me to work, so I went off list and read part of Hero by Althea Kontis, an egalley I put on my phone from the SummerTeen event. It is good so far. I loved Enchanted, so I have high expectations for Hero. I went out to dinner with friends and it was really late when they left, so no more reading last night. I hope to read more today after work. Hope everyone else is having a good reading week!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love Tamora Pierce. I haven't read her Circle series but I have read all of the books in her Tortall series is made up of several smaller series for something like 15+ books.

    I'm glad you like Earthbound! I really liked her Wings series as well and she is doing a signing here in a few days so I plan to get a copy of Earthbound.
    Glad you are reading so many great books. 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was so awesome and she is really really funny! As soon as I finish the Circle series, I plan to start the Tortall series. She also recommends books on her website, so now I want to read what she recommends too.

      That is so awesome that you get to go to Pike's signing! I wish she came somewhere closer, because I think she would be interesting to meet.

      Delete
  2. You are getting a ton read! That online event sounds amazing and 20 free egalleys? How awesome. Looks like your TBR just got bigger! ENjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah my TBR is horrible, but I could not pass up those egalleys. The event is mainly for librarians, but I think they did allow some bloggers and teachers to join. This was the first year it was free, so I definitely had to "go".

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the update, Sarah! You're doing great and it sounds like you've had an eventful week too. I hope you continue to enjoy the read-a-thon. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job! good luck in meeting your goals :)

    ReplyDelete