Monday, June 3, 2013

Onyx by Jennifer Armentrout

Onyx is the second book in the Lux series, so this will have spoilers for the first book in the series Obsidian. This was my Aliens read for the Paranormal Reading Challenge and a book for the Sequels Challenge.


Katy can't help but feel drawn to Daemon, especially after he heals her and saves her life. She believes any attraction that he feels for her or that she might feel for him is because of the healing. She fights her feelings toward him, but as strange things happen to her, she cannot ignore the Luxen and any gifts she may have. While having these conflicting emotions, a newcomer to town is thrown in the mix. Blake moves to West Virginia and Katy likes him, especially when he appreciates her blog and wants to hang out with her. Blake also confirms her fear that she is forever changed by the healing and he holds the key to helping her. The DOD will do anything to find humans changed by the Luxen and Katy and Daemon will do anything to hide their connection. When someone from Daemon's past resurfaces and a major betrayal takes place it could tear Daemon and Katy apart and possibly cost them their lives.

I actually liked this one better than the first book in the series. I read some reviews where people thought Katy was whiner in this one, but I thought she seemed a little more mature, albeit freaked out and commenting on Daemon's hotness a little too much. I thought the suspense and twists were well done and the ending leaves you really wanting to read the third book.

Favorite Character: Dee. Even though we see less of Dee in this book, I still like her character best. She is loyal to her brother, but also protective of Katy. She also has some humorous parts in the story.
I hate what happens to her in the book, but I think she will be resilient.

Favorite Quote: "'You always blush when you lie.' 'I don't know why people keep saying that. My cheeks are not human lie detectors."
"Always those three words." That is from one of the better parts of the book.

Katy does talk a bit much about Daemon's hotness, but other than that I liked the story and plot. I will definitely pick up Opal soon. 3.5 cups of cocoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment