Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Library Read-a-Thon Day 3 and Day 4 update

Day 3: Mondays are always a busy work day for me and then I come home exhausted. We had a great summer reading day though with our book buddy program. 26 preschoolers turned in reading logs and they loved reading with their teen buddies. After we finished today, they were able to ring the bell in the Storytime Silo (our library is a modern take on a barn). The bell is there to encourage literacy and reading.

Currently Reading: Prodigy
Pages Read: Prodigy-10 pages, well I guess it is better than zero.
Books finished-1
This is our Storytime Silo, located in the back of our children's area.

Day 4: At my library, we limit the checkouts to 5 items for a first time patron and 10 after that. We do allow up to 20 checkouts, but the patron has to be in good standing and/or checking out for an entire family on one card. At the library where I live there are no limits on the number of books you can check out. I usually limit myself to ten at that library and 20 or less at my work/hometown library.
Currently reading: Prodigy
Pages read: Prodigy-20 pages
Books finished-1

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful library and storytime nook.

    ReplyDelete