Sunday, June 2, 2013

June Random Read

Random Reads
This is a meme hosted by Sarah at imlovingbooks.com. You can choose to use Goodreads or create your own list or use your bookshelves. The idea is to use random.org and type in the number of books on your list. Whatever number you receive is your random read for the month. I have decided at least for the first few months to use the books on my Kindle as my list. I buy or get free far too many books on my Kindle and then never read them. I now have 290 books on my Kindle, which means I added twenty-three books last month! I am terrible! I also did not finish Prodigy. I received it as an eARC and on every "page" letters were scrambled. so I could not read it. I have a library copy of the book and will try to finish it this month. My first random number was a book that does not release for awhile, so I would not be able to post a review this month. My second random number was 24 and the book is Achieving Apollo by Rachael Leslie. I went to college with the author and bought this over a year ago, so I am glad it is this month's pick!

Bert is a rock star who finds out he is Apollo. I love mythology twists, so I have high hopes for this book!

5 comments:

  1. I have never heard of the book so I would be interested to see if it is any good. I was thinking of doing a random read for June, but decided that I already had ordered too many books and probably wouldn't be able to finish it. If I have free time at the end of the month I may. I just have so many amazing books I want to read I will never find the time to read them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could make a pile of the books you've ordered and randomly choose one. :)

      Delete
  2. Ha ha this one sounds definitely different

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a good idea to limit the choices to your Kindle. Hope you like the book!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really need to read at least a few books on the Kindle rather than just raiding library shelves.

      Delete