Monday, April 22, 2013

Spring Into Horror Read-a-Thon Starting Line/Goals


My reading list for this week will include the following books: The Art of Wishing, Silence, Towering, Life After Theft, The Calling, and Clockwork Princess. For the horror element I plan to read from The Iron Queen, The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan, and The Dead and Buried by Kim Harrington, the last one my cousin recommended, because she loved it. I hope to finish at least three books and since I am off work this week, that should be attainable. I also would like to comment on at least 10 blog posts and find a couple of new blogs to follow.


Towering (Kendra Chronicles, #3)
HarperTeen
I love Towering's cover!


Monday update:
Silence- 96 pages finished and reviewed!
The Art of Wishing- 27%-39% or 38 pages

Tuesday update:
The Dead and Buried- 100 pages (read in the doctor's office, found out I have strep throat, sinus infection , and fluid on both ears aka start of a double ear infection, :( ) + 16
The Art of Wishing -39%-100%, about 195 pages -finished!

Wednesday update:
The Dead and Buried- 178 pages -finished!
Towering- 4%
Iron Queen- 30 pages

Thursday update:
Towering- 4%-20% or 61 pages

Friday update:
Towering- 20%-45% or 76 pages
Demon's Lexicon- 63 pages

Saturday update
Towering- 45%-47%
Demon's Lexicon -27 pages

Sunday update:
I have only reread parts of  the 4th Harry Potter book and mainly finished up all the chores I wanted to do while off work, but couldn't because of strep throat and a sinus infection.




2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the read-a-thon, Sarah! You have a great list of books there. I'm glad you're off work. Wish I was. Well, I do work from home so I might be able to squeeze in some reading during work. ;O)

    Hope you get lots of reading done!

    Love your kitty header, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My cat loves to sit on my lap as I read and try to get in between me and my book when she is not getting enough attention. Good luck on your reading and thanks for hosting!

      Delete