Monday, April 22, 2013

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

This review will have spoilers for the first two books in the series. Silence is the third book in the Hush, Hush saga about Nora and fallen angel Patch. I really like the book covers in this series.

Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)
Simon and Schuster

Crescendo has a major cliffhanger at the end and we are left wondering what has happened to Patch and Nora. Patch has promised to help Hank if he will return Nora safely. Hank partially violates the contract by returning Nora at his own  choosing and when she is returned she remembers nothing. Her memory ends at April and she is returned in September. She doesn't remember finishing her sophomore year or meeting and loving Patch. Patch attempts to stay away and when Nora does find him, he calls himself Jev to throw her off track. Nora's mother and friend Vee try to convince her that Patch was just a small fling and that she thought he was bad news. However something keeps drawing her back to Patch. Couple with not knowing Patch, Nora does not remember the nephil Scott or Hank Millar and his relation to her. When Scott begins filling in Nora about fallen angels and nephilim, Nora starts to remember everything, but will she remember soon enough. A war is brewing between nephilim and fallen angels, and Nora and those she loves will be caught in the middle. Can her love for Patch survive the ultimate test and which side should she choose?

The first two books in the series were just ok for me, but this one more than makes up for the other two. I am glad I stuck with the series, because Nora finally turns into the heroine that we see hints of in the first two books. She still moons over Patch a bunch, but their love is finally maturing. The storyline in this one was fast-paced and suspenseful and I did not see the end coming. I finished this one in less than a week, which is saying something.

Favorite Character: Nora, finally! She keeps her cool, stops letting everything revolve around Patch, and finally shows up as an equal partner to Patch. The end really shows her strength, but I don't want to give too much away about that.

Favorite Quote: "'There's only one thing I know for certain anymore.' He turned, his eyes a clear black. 'That I would do anything for you, even if it means going against my instincts or my very nature. I would lay down everything I possess, even my soul, for you. If that isn't love, it's the best I have.'" Finally someone shows his affection.

This is my favorite of the series so far and a good read. 4.5 cups of cocoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment