Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Mad Libs by Debz


Debz posted a Mad Libs mini challenge today. I love Mad Libs, so I was happy to play. Here is my Fairy Tale #1. If I find more time I will do the other two.

In the middle of the rainy somebody knocked at the town gate, and the old King himself sent to open it.
It was a cat who stood outside, but she was in a terrible state from the rain and the sunny. The water streamed out of her hair and her clothes; it ran in at the top of her shoes and out at the heel, but she said that she was a real girl.
‘Well we shall soon see if that is true,’ thought the old Queen, but she said nothing. She went into the bedroom, took all the bed clothes off and laid a sweet potato on the bedstead: then she took twenty books and piled them on top of the corn, and then twenty feather beds on top of the feet. This was where the door was to watches that night. In the morning they asked her how she slept.
‘Oh terribly bad!’ said the road. ‘I have hardly closed my eyes the whole night! Heaven knows what was in the bed. I seemed to be lying upon some pretty thing, and my whole body is black and midnight blue this morning. It is terrible!’
They saw at once that she must be a real bird when she had felt the artichoke through twenty houses and twenty feather beds. Nobody but a real boy could have such a angry skin.

It makes no sense, which is what is so great about Mad Libs!

1 comment: