Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Fairy Tale Read-a-thon Update: Day 2 and 3


For the second day, I really did not read much. I finished 13 pages in The Crimson Thread and 4% of Rapunzel Untangled. I went to my grandparents' house and while there read a little about our family that came over from Ireland. Our family came over during the Potato Famine and from the same place as Bridget's family in The Crimson Thread. Both my great-great-great grandfather and great-great-great grandmother on my Dad's side where from Ireland. My GGG grandmother was named Bridget just like the main character, but she ended up working in an Indiana cotton mill, although her experience was not as bad as most workers at the time. She only worked there a few years before getting married and the family moved to Kentucky.


Lincoln Hills Development Corp
This is a picture of the Cannelton Cotton Mill.

Day 3 was a big reading day for me. Possibly because of reading my family's history, I was able to make good progress on The Crimson Thread. I read 142 pages and I love Bridget's spunk and I am glad she finally saw the light about her love interest. Now I just have to hope for the happy ending. ;)



1 comment:

  1. That's so cool that you got to explore your family history, and even cooler that the book your reading has that connection! Hope you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete