Sunday, February 17, 2013

Review Copy Cleanup: Week 2 review


I finished Goddess Inheritance, which was great! I think there will be a break off series of sorts from this one, hopefully. I am glad to see Aimee is writing another series now, because I really like her writing style. I will be reviewing Goddess Inheritance in the next couple of days. I have read 14% of Mind Games and it is very intriging. I am also 20% of the way through Shadowhunters and Downworlders and I love the insight the various authors are providing into the Shadowhunter world. I never thought about looking at the setting as uncanny and how odd it would be to see the Shadowhunter world all of the sudden instead of the mundane way Clary had looked at New York. I also liked the discussion of a heroine not just as someone who can fight, but as someone who looks to her talents and survives. Heroines and their ability to fight for survival even if they cannot physically fight seems to be the theme in my reading this week.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your reading so far! :-) I really want to read the Goddess series at some point, it looks so good! I like the sound of Shadowhunters and Downworlders. I'm a big believer that a strong heroine does not have to actually be physically strong or a good fighter to be a hero. Sounds like an interesting read!

    Good luck with next week's reading! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I really enjoyed the Goddess Test series. It had a good twist on the Greek myths.
      Good luck to you too!

      Delete