Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Strange Case of Finley Jayne by Kady Cross

Finley Jayne wonders if she will ever be employed again, after punching out the governess at her last place. Granted Finley was only protecting the little boy the governess was continually abusing, but no one will want a girl with superhuman strength. At least that is what she thinks until meeting Lady Morton. Lady Morton needs a companion for her daughter Phoebe and even though she knows Finley's past, she wants her. The job is one seems to be too good to be true, and it just might be as Finley finds out the upper class has problems of its own.

This is a unique twist on the story of Frankenstein and Finley is a take on Jekyll and Hyde. I loved seeing more into Finley's character and learning how deep her loyalty runs. I also liked seeing her with her mother without the feelings of betrayal that were in The Girl in the Steel Corset.

Favorite Character: Finley is a great character, both strong and loving.

Favorite Quote:"'If there's anyone in here, just clear your throat and I'll go back where I came from,' she said. Better to feel foolish for talking to an empty room than accidentally spy a gentleman's naked backside."

I liked this novella and the insights into Finley's past. I give it 5 bars of chocolate, because I do like the character of Finley.

No comments:

Post a Comment