Saturday, August 18, 2012

Persuasion by Jane Austen thoughts

 I did finish Persuasion today, but will save most of my review for when I finish For Darkness Shows the Stars. This is the first Jane Austen book I have ever read. I know, I know, how could I have not read Jane Austen before! I have watched Pride and Prejudice (mini-series and movie) and Emma (movie), but never actually read the books. I had one friend tell me I started with the worst one, but I really liked Persuasion. The romance seemed mature and well developed and I enjoyed the characters. Anne and Captain Wentworth have a relationship that stood the test of time and influence. I liked the setting and I love reading books from this time period when people worried about silly things like social standing and talked about poetry. There are some great quotes in this book as well. I hope to read more Jane Austen at a later date, but for now I have other books waiting to be read.

No comments:

Post a Comment