Saturday, June 23, 2012

Best of 2012, part 2

With Summer Reading still going on, I haven't been able to finish a single book since The Enchantress! How ironic, I can't do my summer reading, because of Summer Reading. ;) So I thought I would look at a few more of my five bar books for my Best of 2012. Fallen in Love gained five bars, because I loved the look into the lives of some of the secondary characters of the Fallen series. I am halfway through Rapture, which is on its way to a five bar review as well. Fallen in Love showed the spark of love form for Shelby and Miles, so yay that he is over Luce! I enjoyed seeing more into Roland's character, since he seems to be one of the most caring, but is part of the dark side. It was also heartbreaking to see how Arianne got her scars. The end story between Luce and Daniel shows one of the bright spots of their timeless love.

Leviathan is next in the list, but of course all three books in the series garnered the five bar mark. One of the best series I have read in a long time! I loved watching Deryn and Alek interact and I love Westerfeld's twists on WWI and steampunk. Alan Cummings did an amazing job narrating this series and all three are among the best audios I have heard. You grow to really care about these characters and you even want the two main characters to become romantically involved. What could be better than a forbidden romance! These two series prove that!

No comments:

Post a Comment