Saturday, May 19, 2012

Immortal Hearts by Ellen Schreiber

Another goodbye book! I was surprised to find out this was the last in the series. For some reason I completely missed finding this out until the day the book came out. Since it is the last in the series, it sneakily made its way to the top of my list. I hated to say goodbye to Raven and Alexander and Becky and the whole gang, but it was probably time. There are nine books in the series and each one helped to add a layer to the story and the last book adds in Stormy, Alexander's sister. Stormy is the vampire Raven has always wished she could be. However, Stormy is best friends with Luna, Raven's frenemy for lack of a better word. Raven wants to like Luna, but Luna tries to interfere with everyone's love life. Raven fixes this quick by pairing Luna with Romeo the bartender. The biggest problem of Raven's life is trying to convince her dreamy vampire Alexander to make her immortal.

So the big question is will Alexander change Raven or will she go on being a vampire trapped in a human's body? I won't give away the ending and I am conflicted on how I feel about the choice that was made, but I enjoyed this book just as much as the other eight. They are fun and light-hearted with just a touch of danger and suspense. I think I knew that is how the series would end, but I thought the decision would be put off until they were older.

Favorite Character: I love Becky and Raven's friendship and to me that makes them the best characters. No matter what they stick together, even when Becky learns Alexander's secret, she keeps it because of Raven. Raven's only fear if she is turned is not being able to see Becky as much as before.

Favorite Quote: "'What's up?' 'Just Raven getting into another one of her messes, I'm sure,' Alexander said with a chuckle." That seems to sum up the whole series perfectly. :)

I think it was probably time for the series to end, even though I enjoyed every book and will miss the characters. Nine books is a good run for the series and Schreiber ended it, before it started to drag. Each book was exciting and added to the story and the ending suited the series perfectly. I give it 4.5 bars of chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment