Friday, February 12, 2010

My Reading Habits

I tend to read books that would appeal more toward a middle school audience. Some of my favorite series include the Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Harry Potter, and the Looking Glass Wars series. I am currently rereading or actually listening to the Percy Jackson series. I think the use of a character diagnosed with ADHD was an excellent choice. I know this series really appeals to reluctant readers and many of them are diagnosed with ADHD. The main characters are actually demigods and really do not have ADHD, but are "hard-wired for survival." Many boys come into the library wanting this series, because they can identify with Percy. The books are very funny and make you want to actually look up the Greek myths around which some of the characters are based. I am so excited about the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment